From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-20 05:24:01

"Christophe Meessen" <christophe_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> reHello,
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the time to reverse ingneer the boost_dev
> thread code. So maybye Michael Glassford can help me and answer the
> following questions.
>
> The most fundamental problem I found in boost thread is the functor
> copy. So is this still present in the new thread API ?

At this point, yes it is still present.

> Will the start&run thread API model be available in the new boost
thread
> package ? If not, why ?

It's not so far. Why? I can only guess since I'm not the original
author of the code, but 1) as far as I know, no one has asked for it
until now; 2) as pointed out in replies to your message yesterday, it
seems that most of what you want from the start & run model can also
be accomplished with the Boost.Thread model. If you disagree, could
you respond to those replies and explain why?

Thanks,

Mike