From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-20 16:31:09

From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:37:07 -0400 (EDT), Rob Stewart wrote
> > From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
>
> > > I have no idea what the 'date wrapper approach' is...
> >
> > It took a little bit, but I tracked down the message. I had
> > deleted it by the time you asked.
> >
> > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/2053807
>
> Yeah, I read that but there was insufficient detail for me to understand. How
> would
>
> allow_clipping_to_eom(d) + 2*months;
>
> actually work? I'm assuming it would be something like:
>
> date_wrapper allow_clipping_to_eom(const date& d)
>
> with some set of operators defined on date_wrapper to work with 2*months?

I assumed that the wrapper type name was "allow_clipping_to_eom"
and that it had a ctor taking a date. Thus, the expression above
would create an unnamed temporary of type allow_clipping_to_eom
and then some namespace scope operator +() would take an
allow_clipping_to_eom and a typeof(2*months), returning a date.