From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-21 01:01:28

Neal D. Becker wrote:

Hi Neal,

> I really like program_options from Vladimir Prus. Thanks for adding
> bool_switch!

You're welcome. Uph.. I really need to take the time to add the last feature
and add the library to CVS. Hopefully next week.

> One suggestion. We now have bool_switch, so a variable can default to
> off, and turn on with --option (without having to say --option=true).
>
> How about begin able to say --no-option to turn it off? This would make
> the
> interface consistent with gnu standards. If it's not too difficult it
> would make a good addition.

Actually, the "custom_syntax.cpp" example shows how it's possible. It
handles "-fno-something" syntax but a change to handle "--no-something"
would be trivial. If that works for you, we can consider adding such logic
into library itself.

- Volodya