From: SourceForge.net (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-23 14:45:21

Bugs item #940941, was opened at 2004-04-23 12:45
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=940941&group_id=7586

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Boost Jam Version 3.1.9

The unit tests seem to assume that the "/cygdrive"
mount exists. I had changed mine to "/drive" and when
I tried to build, I got an assertion failure:

assertion "self->size < self->capacity" failed: file
"strings.c", line 16

self->size == -165761813
self->capacity == 64

backtrace:
   assert_invariants (strings.c:15)
   string_free (strings.c:44)
   var_expand (expand.c:410)
   var_expand_unit_test (expand.c:696)
   run_unit_tets (jam.c:197)
   main (jam.c:299)

Even if it's not worth it to accomodate non-standard
Cygwin setups such as mine, I wouldn't expect the
assertion failure to occur in strings.c.

I think this can be reproduced by changing the
"/cygdrive/c/foo/bar" string constants to invalid paths
(in expand.c on lines 682 and 702)