From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-25 13:39:46

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:41:52 +0200, Pavel Vozenilek wrote
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > > By making a default constructor (that initializes as "not a
> > > date"),
> >
> > Don't get me started on this ;-)
> >
> The default constructor can be private. Objects constructed this way
> will be always filled with previously serialized data - no 'empty date'
> will ever exist.

Good point. I'm going to relent and make a date have public constructor
anyway, since users have been asking me to do it. But there are other things
in date_time, like the date_generators, that I will be implementing
serialization for and they have no reasonable default constructor.

Jeff