From: Darryl Green (darryl.green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-29 03:49:43

Hartmut Kaiser <hartmutkaiser <at> t-online.de> writes:

> Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should be
> accepted as a Boost library!

Yes, it should be accepted.

> - What is your evaluation of the design?
The CollectionConcept appears well defined and useful. The ExternalConcept
approach taken is immediatley easy to understand.

Only glanced at it. Looks clean/straightforward.

Good. It was possible to get an immediate feel for what the library could do
and how to use it. More detailed information was easy to find, and quite
sufficient.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
I could immediately see potential applications eg. I have used the iterator
adaptors library to produce a flattening iterator, which allows an (outer)
container of (inner) containers to be accessed as if it were a single
container of the inner type. The library would make extending this adaptor to
support collections (inner and outer) that are not containers very stright
forward.

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?
I have yet to try to use the library.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?
A quick reading.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Reasonably, as an STL user.

Regards
Darryl.