From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-30 02:28:06

"Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:c6ssbr$fvu$1_at_sea.gmane.org...

| > | Or even whether it can simplify use of Filter Iterator a bit.
| >
| > I think the key for simpler use of all of the iterators in Boost.Iterator
| > is to define
| > special range versions of make_XX. I hope John and Matthew will do this in
| > their range
| > lib.
|
| Where can I look at this lib, and how it's different/related to the views
| library in the sandbox?

ask John Torjo john_AT_torjo.com

| > make_filter_range( is_positive_number(), coll );
| >
| > Using Collection Traits that should be simple. So eventually we can write
| >
| > std::copy( boost::make_filter_range( is_positive_number(), numbers ),
| > std::ostream_iterator<int>( std::cout, " " ) )
|
| Yes, that's what I'd like. Only, I *really* think that the function should
| be called just 'filter'. But that's just personal opinion.

IMO, filter is to generic. The iterator library consistently uses make_XX_iterator.
So therefore think make_XX_range would be consistent. Pavol's string lib has
a make_iterator_range(), not range(). Perhaps make can be dropped, but range
says something about what the function returns.

br

Thorsten