From: Joel Young (jdy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-30 10:23:47

Richard,

From: "Richard Peters" <r.a.peters_at_[hidden]>
> I managed to get the code to compile by adding 'explicit' to the constructor
> on line 132 of big_integer.hpp.

That fix worked, in that my code compiles and runs. The catch is now
that the code is at least two orders of magnitude slower using
boost::rational<boost::big_integer> for the core data_t vs using
cln::cl_RA

if I run using double as the data_t my alg takes 0.14 seconds cpu. with
cln::cl_RA it takes 90 seconds cpu, with
boost::rational<boost::big_integer> it is taking more than 40 minutes
and is still running (less than 1/3 complete). I'll let it run through
lunch, and then if it is still churning, I'll break it and check if it
is stuck in a loop.

I am working with numbers extremely close to zero so I can't challenging
problems for exact solutions with boost::rational<long long> to get
a timing comparison to see if rational is the bottleneck or big_integer.

The work done up to the point where the running program is stuck at now
checks out as exactly correct.

Joel