From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-01 14:48:07

Dave Gomboc <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I'm revisiting Czarnecki and Eisenecker's work (Generative Programming:
> Methods, Tools, and Applications) from 2000. I'm wondering what is
> available in boost that exploits (or even advances) on the techniques
> and code examples given there.

Umm... everything?

Well, almost everything. C&E gallop over so much terrain that it's
pretty hard not to coincide with something they discussed.

> It occurs to me that both the concept_check and the mpl library have
> something to offer in this respect. At the very least, there are few
> obvious things (e.g. if, apply_if, etc. in mpl). Is anyone actively
> applying boost code in this area?

I'm not sure what your question is. Generative programming itself is
a design process/idiom. I can't really imagine how you'd directly
support it with a library, though of course we have lots of tools in
Boost that can be used to practice generative programming.

> (I did find a series of posts from February 2002 on this topic, but
> not much since then.)

Maybe if you'd post a link to the other discussion I'd be able to
figure out what this one's about ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting