From: Fredrik Blomqvist (fredrik_blomqvist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-04 19:50:04

>- What is your evaluation of the design?
I think it's a correct, lean mapping of the important collection/sequence
concepts.

I'm pleased to see that the refactoring to use separate
traits-classes/metafunctions
as I suggested during a pre-review has been applied.

I would also assume mr Stepanov himself would like it since it makes
begin()/end() free functions at last :-)

>- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
Would it make sense to treat a boost two-tuple as a collection similar to
std::pair?
Perhaps also boost::compressed_pair?

>- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
Looks OK. I miss an index.html file in the top directory.
I like colors, so perhaps use the boost-book stylesheets? Or ideally a full
boost-book transfer I guess.

Shouldn't the docs and examples recommend using unqualified calls to
begin()/end()
 to support ADL? (present in the 'find' example for example)

>- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
A much needed component paving the way for a boost::range_stl(?) and
boost::view
library and also clean integration of arrays in generic code.

>- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have
 any problems?
Used VC7.1 for some quick tests with no problems.

>- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
 reading? In-depth study?
Reading docs and briefly looking at code both for the review version and a
couple of the previos versions in sandbox.

>- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Yes.

I think the library should be accepted!

Regards
// Fredrik Blomqvist