From: Justinas V.D. (vygintas.daugmaudis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-05 05:28:12

Douglas Paul Gregor wrote:

>It's in CVS now. Code in boost/utility/result_of.hpp and
>boost/utility/detail/result_of_iterate.hpp, test in
>libs/utility/test/result_of_test.cpp, and docs in
>libs/utility/utility.htm.

Definitely useful utility this one is. Documentation is sufficient, OTOH
result_of is intuitive to use, and very nicely fits in project outside
of boost internals. I'm glad that Mr. Gregor finally provided this
utility and I'm looking forward seing this in boost release, if possible.

On the other hand, more explicit error reporting would be nice as well.
For example,

    #endif // can't use result_of

    #endif // BOOST_RESULT_OF_HPP

perhaps would be constructive to extend so that

    #else // can't use result_of
    # error <appriopriate error message here>
    #endif

    #endif // BOOST_RESULT_OF_HPP

Otherwise, I think, everything is fine.
I'd love to see Boost.Lambda using this, just for sake of consistency.

Regards,
Justinas V.D.