From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-05 09:35:04

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Michael Glassford" <glassfordm_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>I have code in Boost (modifications of / additions to Boost.Thread)
>>but haven't put
>>my name on it at all.
>
> Then it doesn't matter much.

This might depend on your country. In Germany (Europe?), (AFAIK and
IANAL :), you do keep your copyright on everything even if you don't say
"Copyright blablabla". This is different from the US, where you loose
all your rights if you don't claim them explicitly. Hm, basically, of
course, the details are a bit more complicated.

However, I think I have to explicitly state what license to use, etc. to
give others the right to use the stuff I wrote/added. This is actually
the reason why I added my copyright on some documents although the
changes were minimal. If I wouldn't do that, I would not give any rights
to you. I hope (again, IANAL), that adding my name to the blanket
permission is enough to make that step obsolete in the future. If any
lawyers out there know better, please let me know :)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology