From: SCleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-05-06 13:58:32

Your declaration looks correct to me.

hash_map is part of SGI's STL/STLPort. It will support Standard C++
Allocators IF the underlying compiler is capable of it (requires member
template support). Otherwise, it has a nice fallback mechanism that uses its
own form of STLPort Allocator.

pool_alloc provides a Standard C++ Allocator; it does not support the
STLPort Allocator interface. So, it sounds like you're using a compiler that
is not capable of supporting Standard C++ Allocators properly.

        -Steve