From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-08 16:40:30

At 06:31 AM 5/8/2004, you wrote:
>> This caught my eye since I have code that depends on Large File Support
>> (LFS). Though, for reasons alluded to below, I get LFS via C stdio
>> instead of C++ streams.
>>
>> For the record, the LFS standard is here:
>>
>> http://ftp.sas.com/standards/large.file/
>>
>> I wonder if there would be complications if LFS were enabled in Boost
by
>> default?
>
>I think it is for Boost.Filesystem now - see
>http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg60670.php

Yes, that's correct. The macro __USE_FILE_OFFSET64 is always defined when
BOOST_POSIX is defined. So users of current CVS code don't have to do
anything special to get 64-bit support.

Note that the LFS standard document above seems to be out-of-date as far as
the macro name is concerned. The name was determined on Linux by inspecting
the actual header file, and verified by testing. If anyone runs into a
system which uses a different macro name, please let us know.

Thanks,

--Beman