From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-10 12:22:04

Testing everything all the time amounts to using one package to test another
- which is OK but not as efficient as a complete test suite.

What I would like to be able to do is run the tests on a demand basis.

That is, I would like to request a test for a specific set of compiler,
dll/lib, debug/release options.

As a practical matter, I will get everything working with the compilers I
have on hand, upload to cvs, run tests on compilers I don't have. This
wouldn't take a huge amount of time.

Only on special occasions - i.e. right before release, would it be necessary
to re-test everything.

Maybe a facility could be include whereby I just submit a jamfile and it's
queued up.

Robert Ramey