From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-14 09:26:16

"Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On Friday 14 May 2004 09:28 am, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > libs/test/src/execution_monitor.cpp: No such file or directory
> >
> > There should be ..boost/libs directories installed with all source (cpp)
> > and docs files files. I remember it was reported already that some
> > procedure does not install it.
>
> I strongly disagree. The headers in $BOOST_ROOT/boost should be
> self-contained, and their use should require only prebuild libraries
> (.a, .so, .dll, .lib, etc).
>
> If as a developer you need to access ../boost/libs, then I suggest those
files
> be moved into $BOOST_ROOT/boost.
>
> Doug

I don't really mind.
There are 2 cases when you need to include files from libs/src. Minimal
testing component is using src/execution_monitor.cpp and included versions
of Boost.Test offline component in boost/test/included also require all
other files. Both where requested by 'no library users'. But at the time
nobody requested to move sources into headers directory.

Gennadiy.