From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-14 11:14:53

Christoph Ludwig wrote:

> Is it possible with the serialization library to serialize function
> pointers and pointers to member functions? If it is not directly
> supported, is there a "best practice" workaround? I didn't find this
> info in the documentation.

There's no information in the documentation about this. I'm not sure what
it would mean to serialize a function pointer. Its possible it might be
done by just defining non-intrusive serialize(ar, fp) as and empty function.
I would have to think about this. However, I do believe that serialization
of a function object would present no new issues. Then there is the
possibility of creating a wrapper which makes a function object out a
function pointer and serializing that. I'm sure already contains some
objects of this nature. Please investigate this and report back.

> BTW: Is the version of the serialization library available at
> http://www.rrsd.com/boost/ still the most recent or is there a post
> review version?

Yes, a post review version hasn't been submitted yet.

Robert Ramey