From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-14 21:11:41

I've just checked in changes to Win32 implementations of the mutex and
recursive_mutex classes. They now use a Win32 critical section instead
of a mutex whenever possible for the normal and try_ variations, though
not for the timed_ variations.

These are changes that were started on the mutex classes quite some time
back on the thread_dev branch; I've finished the changes and applied
them to the recursive_mutex classes as well.

In addition, the thread_dev branch has code that allows a mutex to be
named, which allows it to be shared between two or more processes. This
change was begun by Bill Kempf, but is only implemented for Win32. Any
suggestions about the best way to add this feature to the pthreads and
MPTasks implementations?

Mike