From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-15 09:02:49

On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:08:50 -0400, christopher diggins wrote
> There has been some discussion previously on this list for a ranged
> type. My personal desire was to have new double types in the ranges
> [0.0, 1.0) and [0.0, 1.0] among other things. There are several
> other uses that I can imagine. Feel free to rip this apart or do
> whatever you want.

Did you see this post?

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg64485.php

Very similar to yours, but policy class also allows for customization
of the error handling. So instead of forcing an assert you can throw an
exception, ignore it, log it, whatever.

We've had several discussions of a uses for these constrained types. Perhaps
you (or someone else) should boostify it?

Jeff