From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-15 16:26:19

Hi, all!

I spent a bit of time reading Pete Isenesee's article,
"Fast Math Using Template Metaprogramming", which can
be found in Game Programming Gems, Section 1.2, and it
inspired me to implement compile-time versions of some
of the standard math functions. Two of the
metafunctions even work for complex numbers, using the
components as input instead of any particular complex
number class. My work so far can be found here:

Yes, it also provides the math constant PI. Perhaps a
constants library can be built on top of this one?

I'm holding off on putting this mini-library in the
Sandbox until the file hierarchy is reasonably stable;
I'm not even sure if the classes are well-structured
at this point. For this reason, I'm also holding off
on writing documentation; I'm hoping the example
program would be simple enough to understand.

                              Please send feedback!
                              Cromwell Enage