From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-17 07:25:16

John Nagle wrote:
> That's an older version, though; the strings have
>no length field, and you said you were putting one in.
>Should I do that?

I have been busy with other things. I have finally gotten around to updating
the code, which now includes:
* internal length tracking
* null-termination as a given (i.e. it will no longer work in data
structure headers for signature checking, etc.)
* safe_strings.hpp uses your strategy of putting the C-string functions in
the global namespace (I would have liked a better approach to this).

   #include <boost/fixed_string/safe_strings.hpp>
   // ...
   boost::char_string< 15 > cstr;
   strcpy( cstr, "Meine Grosse Welt!" );
   std::cout << cstr << '\n';

   sprintf( cstr, "Hello %d Worlds!", 10 );
   std::cout << cstr << '\n';

Results in:
   Meine Grosse W
   Hello 10 World