From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-17 21:02:48

On Mon, 17 May 2004 11:53:49 -0400, christopher diggins wrote
> You are completely correct about min and max. So I removed them. How
> about exposing the constraints_policy as a public typedef (I just
> posted a version which does this). This is perhaps a good
> compromise?

No, not really. I wanted to be able to ask the type it's min and max if it is
a range type. Now I suppose I can dig out the policy, but it's fairly
cumbersome in comparison to just calling mytype::max().

> There are just so many problems that can arise from
> parameterized inheritance, I would like to avoid it if there is an
> acceptable alternative.

Such as? I must have missed that section in MC++ design. And anyway, how
would these issues apply here?

Jeff