From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-18 01:27:17

[Richard Latter]
> I am using regex for the first time on MSVC 6

You DO know that MSVC 6 is an abomination against everything good in the
world, right? Right?

> bool TestStr (std::string& szExpr

Hungarian notation is evil.

And here, you're not even using it correctly. std::string's aren't lame
null-terminated C strings.

And you should take the first argument by const reference.

> bool bResult=false;

This would, uhhh, be better written as return regex_match(...

I guess you do this in TestStr2, which doesn't take either of its arguments
by const reference like it should.

> boost::regex_match(szSearch, cExpr);

Wouldn't you like to be a Koenig lookup too?</Johnny Five>

> it appears thta the boost::regex declaration
> fails

Is the regex, which you do not provide here, correctly formed?

> 1. Wht doesn't any of the functions work?

I'd tend to blame your crummy compiler (although Boost does bend over
backwards to support twentieth century technology).

Stephan T. Lavavej
http://nuwen.net