From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-18 04:53:25

David B. Held <dheld <at> codelogicconsulting.com> writes:

> "Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy <at> meta-comm.com> wrote in message
> news:005901c43c81$3bf27650$5b44a8c0 <at> metacomm.com...
> > [...]
> > VC 6.x exposes it all around, 7.0 only sometimes (but might require
> > a slightly different workaround, see http://tinyurl.com/3x6so), and it's
> > fixed completely in 7.1.
> > [...]
>
> Thanks. Is there any reason why someone would use 7.0 instead of
> 7.1? Is it reasonable to not support 7.0?

Well, I guess this answer is: it depends. If you're already
supporting MSVC 6.0, then probably the work needed to extend
it to MSVC 7.0 is reasonably low.
My hunch is that, although there's no compelling reason to keep
using 7.0, sometimes developers are not in the position to
make this sort of decisions, and stick to whatever management
force them to.

BTW, I'm in need of a tester for Boost.MultiIndex in MSVC
7.0 and CWPro 8.3. I don't have access to any evaluation
version of these as they're rather outdated. Volunteers most
welcome.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo