From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-21 03:27:45

Hi all,

Looking at how bjam makes its great subdirs - when creating binaries for
a library, I see that each libs/dlls is put in its own sub-directory.

As I see, anyway, the binary name already indicates the compiler +
release type + etc. And all the library linkinage is solved
automatically (for instance, if I need
boost_date_time-vc71-mt-gd-1_31.lib, it will automatically be added to
my dependencies).

I would like however for all binaries for a specific library to be built
in the same dir. This way all I need to remember is the directory where
the library binaries are, and include that in my 'Additional library
directories'.

I know that the current behavior (making subdirs) is much better for
existing libraries, but I would like to create a new library, and build
all binaries in the same dir.

Does bjam allow this?
(note: I will have four binaries per compiler)

Best,
John

--
John Torjo