From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-24 03:50:30

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the input_iterator_facade template (similar in nature to Vladimir's
> eof_iterator ) I am using in Boost.Test development:

Funny -- I see that you use it to create line_iterator -- which was exactly
the motivation for eof_iterator. My version of line_iterator is at:

    http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/iterators/line_iterator.hpp

> http://tinyurl.com/2x69z
>
> There is one specific iterator implemented that used this template located
> in the same directory (more coming).
> I actually combine new CRTP and old policy technique here, for later allows
> me to implement more functionality in common code. Is there interest in
> adding this to the family of iterator helpers?
>
> Or could I move it in boost namespace for convenience?

I still don't understand which design, yours or mine, is better. It seems mine
allows to create iterators with smaller number of lines, but maybe there's
something else.

The question arises because eof_iterator is already in CVS as part of
program_options, and we surely can't add them both to iterators library....

- Volodya