From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-25 00:55:33

Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:
> > I still don't understand which design, yours or mine, is better. It seems
>
> mine
>
> > allows to create iterators with smaller number of lines, but maybe
> > there's
> >
> > something else.
>
> Why do you think so? I would say vice versa, since I do not require
> constructor in derived class to call found_eof().

My line_iterator declares two constructors and 'get'. Yours defines, for
stream_line_iterator_impl: one constructor, 'initialize', 'get',
'dereference' and 'equal' plus one constructor in basic_istream_line_iterator
This is 1 class and 3 member functions vs. 2 classes and 6 member functions.

- Volodya