From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-27 01:56:53

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Andreas Huber" <ah2003_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> To the contrary, I think I
>> have almost proved in my discussion with Dave that exit actions must
>> not fail
>
> IIUC your almost-proof that they must not fail is based on the
> assumption that they're done with destructors.

At least I was never my intention to reason like that. The concept of
failing exit actions is bankrupt in *any* case. If you have the time please
reread my posts and every time I talk about exit actions please assume that
I'm talking about ordinary functions. I think the reasoning is pretty
water-tight, though not formal enough to be seen as a proof.

Regards,

Andreas