From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-28 05:57:56

I stumble on another problem when trying to compile the test library
with IBM/VisualAge (vacpp).

Apparantly vacpp has a problem on lines 97,98 and 99 of
boost/test/detail/basic_cstring/basic_cstring.hpp.

Basically the problem is this: this file declares a class

template < class CharT >
class basic_string
{
public:
   typedef basic_string<CharT> self_type ;

   self_type& trim_left(self_type exclusions = self_type() ) ; // line 97
} ;

If I now remove the default initializer, vacpp does not choke anymore
(same situation on lines 98 and 99). I tried to isolate this problem in
small test but in a small test vacpp seems to deal with the situation
just fine.

Thus AFAICT this is a compiler-bug but would anyone mind if I remove the
default initializers or just remove them in the vacpp compilation to get
one step closer to running the regression tests on vacpp again.