From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-28 08:17:04

Pavol Droba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't been following this thread, however I see, that you
> are proposing a functionality, that overlap with the string algorithm
> library.
>
> For instance, trim functionality is already there, and if basic_cstring
> can provide Collection/Range compatible interface, it will work straight away.
>
> Have a look into boost/algorithm/string

First of all I agree that we should not implement overlapping
functionality in different boost libraries but OTOH I don't know why the
developer of the test library implements its own string class.

I do would like to remark that we should minimise dependencies in the
test-tools libraries and make them as lightweight as possible. Because
if the test tools don't compile, they can't be used to verify if the
rest compiles !?