From: Stephane Lajoie (dada_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-28 09:26:39

Eric Niebler wrote:
>> This is probably getting off topic for Boost, but: Are you sure on this
>> point? My understanding was that there would be general support for
>> "generics" in managed languages, but that this is specifically not the
>> current the C++ template mechanism.
>>

> Yes, it's off-topic, and yes, he's right. :-) C++/CLI (the next version
> of Managed C++) will support both generics *and* managed templates.

Actually it's not off-topic. They already ported their STL to that
version of Managed C++. I can imagine some people may want to run
their boost programs too. I don't think it would be even that hard...

Think of it as just another C++ platform. The new Managed C++ is just
as on-topic here as Metrowerks 8 on OS X or Intel C++ on Itanium :).