From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-29 12:10:00

On 5/27/04 3:20 AM, "Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I get the following error from metrowerks:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2z6st

Unless you already altered the files, this error and the problem below don't
look related. For this error, are you sure you #included <string>? Or
maybe the previous line/statement wasn't ended correctly.

> It seems that given:
>
> template<>
> bool
> basic_config_file_iterator<wchar_t>::getline(std::string& s);
>
> template<class charT>
> bool
> basic_config_file_iterator<charT>::getline(std::string& s)
> {
> return std::getline(*is, s);
> }
>
> Metrowerks decides to use the second, unspecialized version, even for
> basic_config_file_iterator<wchar_t>, and this surely fails to compile.
>
> Anybody knows what could be the reason? The entire header which causes the
> error can be found at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2rapj

Is the first version supposed to mean anything? Are you allowed to
"specialize" a specific class member function _instead_ of specializing the
entire class? (i.e. Make a new basic_config_file_iterator<wchar_t> class
specialization instead of just one method.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie