From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-30 15:26:01

John Nagle wrote:
> I've done some cleanup on my version of fixed_string at
> http://www.animats.com/source
>[snip]
> We're approaching convergence on this.

We are both working on variations of the same idea. As such, I have fixed
several errors in my code making it operate better as a basic_string
interface and have seperated the safe_string.hpp file into the appropriate
headers (fsstring.hpp for string.h, fsstdio.hpp for stdio.h and fswchar.hpp
for wchar.h). I have also posted BoostBook format documentation to the libs
section.

However, we are still no closer to deciding which implementation to choose.
We can either:
[1] Choose one implementation and drop the other (possibly collaborate);
[2] Continue both and put them against each other to see which is better;
[3] Drop both and develop one together from scratch.

Option [3] is not viable, since a lot of the hard work has already been done
(size issues, etc.). I would like the implementation we use to be mine and
I'm sure John feels the same way about his. I am also getting to the stage
where I am considering putting mine up for review (once I get the tests
written).

What do other people think?

Regards,
Reece