From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-30 18:55:13

David Abrahams wrote:
> I don't feel as though much progress has been made, and you
> seem to feel that trying to convince me of anything by example is
> futile.

*No!* I don't think it is futile because of you or anything. I think it is
futile because of the nature of the disagreement (and I think I very clearly
stated that):
<quote>
I think it is futile to do so. No matter how many examples I provide in
support for A1, you can still argue that in a sufficiently large minority it
could be undesirable (and rightly so). Since I think that A1 is almost
always (>99%) a good idea, it would be much more economical if you or other
people provide examples where it is highly undesirable or downright wrong
and workarounds make matters overly complex. It only takes two or three good
examples to convince me.
</quote>

Regards,

Andreas