From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-02 09:57:43

Hi all,

As requested by some at the mailing list, I've migrated allocator.hpp
from boost/multi_index/detail/ to boost/detail/ (with some obvious
namespace changes.) I'd like to remark the following:

* This allocator.hpp has nothing to do with a header of the same name
who was sitting there and John Maddock kindly removed a few days ago.
* The header provides some utilities to do rebinding of allocators
even in MSVC++ 6.0 (where the std syntax for rebind does not
work), and also exposes a tiny wrapper over defective std::allocators,
providing some missing template members to make them std compliant.
* I'd appreciate if those of you who were originally interested in
using this header can do some sanity checks to make sure everything
works for you (it does for Boost.MultiIndex). We have some room
for improvements and fixes until Boost 1.32 is branched for release.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo