From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-03 09:58:08

M G wrote:

> the "Named Variable Lib" is a lightweight macro &
> template library which allows you to write:

This looks equivalent to the Name-Value Pair implemented as part of the
serialization library already accepted into boost. It not documented
separately as other candidates for separate boost components are - maybe it
should have been. I don't see this as a problem. The one in the
serialization library only has the functionality required to support
serialization and I have often expressed the desire that appropriate pieces
be moved out of the serialization library and into boost generally - along
with the responsibilities of maintenance, documentation, testing, etc. So
please look at the serialization library one and see if you can reconcile
all of this.

Robert Ramey