From: Virendra Verma (virendra.verma_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-04 09:41:33

Library woundn't care but the user would. For example, how would user delete
or modify the object (pointed by pointer in the class) once loaded since
user has no way of knowing how the object was allocated? My understanding is
that the library creates and owns the object (using some kind of class
factory) when loading from input stream unless user keeps a common allocator
and somehow binds it to library's serializer.