From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-08 09:04:09

From: "Johan Nilsson" <johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]>
> "Malcolm Noyes" <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> > IIRC, the complexity arises when you start to consider global scope
> > thread specific variables in different translation units, together
> > with the possibility that threads can be started before 'main' and
> > waited on, i.e. joined, after 'main has completed. Ah, I see the

Do you really want to account for the creation and joining of
threads outside of main()? I'm no MT expert, but I recall
learning that one should avoid creating threads prior to main.
It makes statics and even main() difficult to write. Isn't
that correct? If so, should Boost.Thread really account
for bad designs?