From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-09 03:58:09

Toon Knapen wrote:

> in concertation with Peter Dimov I just commented out the overload and
> this seems to work.
>
> Peter predicted that bind_const_test would not work anymore due to this
> change but it seems to me that it does work. Well anyway, I have to
> regenerate the status pages to be sure (I'll launch the update shortly)

The results I see now show that only two program_options tests fail, which is
quite nice. I have a question about the remaining failures.

The error message is:

"../libs/program_options/test/variable_map_test.cpp", line 59.35: 1540-0157
(S) The text ">" is unexpected. It may be that this token was intended as a
template argument list terminator but the name is not known to be a template.

The line in question is:

    BOOST_TEST(vm["foo"].as<string>() == "'12'");

That line should access variables_map instance and get an instances of
'variable_value' class (defined in boost/program_options/variables_map.hpp).
Finally, template function 'as' is called. Apparently, vacpp does not believe
'as' to be a template. Do you have any ideas? I don't expect that a
workaround is possible, so this part of library will be unsuable, but maybe
you can at least bug compiler developers.

- Volodya