From: Vesa Karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-11 02:06:55

Dave Abrahams:
>I am not even trying to cover the whole PP library in this appendix,
>much less the topic of PP metaprogramming in general. [...]
[...]
>... but, thanks for the suggestions. I don't mean to sound
>ungrateful, but I'm really trying to limit this to a small-scale
>practical overview of the things you need to know in order to get
>started with the PP library.

I see your point, but...

>"Understanding the preprocessor and PP metaprogramming" is beyond the
>scope of the book.

...while understanding all the consequences of the PP design is obviously
not necessary for basic PP metaprogramming, I think that it is almost
impossible to be able to use the PP (and the Boost.PP library) profitably
(beoyond trivial use of macros like ENUM_PARAMS and REPEAT) without having
a fairly good understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the PP.

-Vesa Karvonen