From: Vesa Karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-11 08:36:20

[boost] Re: Some remarks on PP docs

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:36:19 +0300

Paul Mensonides:
>Chaos, as opposed to Order, intentionally encourages better
>understanding of the actual language being used (which is not Chaos, but
>the preprocessor) rather than trying to hide it as much as possible.

I've discussed this with you earlier, but I'd still like to point out that
the intention behind the design of Order has not been to "hide as much as
possible" or to discourage "better understanding", but rather to *provide*
a language that definitely *is* easy to understand and convenient to use.
A person unfamiliar with Boost.PP should be able to learn to use something
like Order and use it for productive, even non-trivial, work (which is
usually C or C++ code generation) in significantly shorter period of time
than it takes to learn how to do similar things with Boost.PP (or Chaos).

I also noticed other, IMO, misleading comments on Order [vs Chaos], but I
don't have the time to comment on those at the moment.

-Vesa Karvonen