From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-13 06:56:15

"Eddie Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> What is the point of this rant? Though I can't figure out what you're
>> talking about, it makes the following sound inauthentic at best:
>
> Here is my advice to you.

I didn't ask for advice. I just wanted to know what you meant by that
paragraph, because I couldn't understand it. About all it
communicated to me was a sense of sarcasm and vitriol, with no
discernable content.

> Get a life,

Whatever that means

> lighten up a little, permit yourself to take seriously something
> outside of your own thinking about programming.

Very strange; you want me to lighten up and yet take something new
seriously? That sounds self-contradictory. And besides, I make it a
cardinal rule never to think about anything other than programming.
My wife wouldn't stand for it...

...<wink>

> Even on the Boost NGs there is room for that.

I'll just note the facts: the Boost NGs have rules against off-topic
posts, third-party attacks, and flame wars. Your last two posts seem
to be straying dangerously into all of those waters.

> And finally stop trying to read into remarks that I make some sort
> of evil intent.

I didn't think you had an evil intent, but I thought you should know
that after so much apparent vitriol and sarcasm, "good luck" is likely
to be misinterpreted.

> I have only the best admiration and wishes for the programmers at
> Boost. But I speak my mind and will continue to do that as long as I
> live no matter how popular or unpopular are my understanings or
> opinions.

That's up to you.

I am sure you'll understand then, that the moderators of this group
will continue to moderate it, and will continue to do that as long as
they are moderators or until the policy changes, no matter how popular
or unpopular that may be with those subject to moderation.

I'd really prefer it if we moderators didn't have to try to figure out
how to deal with a "problem poster", though, especially right now. It
happens to be an especially bad time for many of us.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting