From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-14 08:11:00

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jeff Flinn wrote:
>
> > If it's VisualStudio, you can add the extensions to the registry to act
> > like headers or source(compilable) files. I would bet most others have a
> > similar facility.
>
> Please tell us how to do that. I looked for this and couldn't find it. I
> would like to tell my Visual.Net IDE to treat *.ipp file like *.hpp and
> *.cpp for editing purposes.

In VC7.1 IDE you select the Tools >> Options menu. Then select Projects >>
VC++ Build from the Tree View. Add ,*.ipp to the C/C++ File Extensions
property, then Ok. Note: any .ipp files that have been added to the project
will be compiled by default when ever you do a build. You need to manually
exclude the files from the build process. Select the .ipp files, then
Project >> Properties. Select Configuration >> General from the left
TreeView. Change Exclude From Build to Yes.

Sorry for not specifying this sooner, since I specifically added .ipp while
working with earlier versions of serialization library.

VC6 IDE requires editing the registry. If any one needs that I can dig
through and see what I did there as well.

Jeff Flinn