From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-16 14:15:40

I have been following Douglas Gregor's prescriptions on how to generate
boostbook docs, outlined on the boost web pages. All works beautifully,
so many thanks.

However, I find that generating reference docs using bjam and doxygen
results in a couple of errors in the docs. I don't know whether the
problem lies in bjam or in doxygen, but thought you should have a heads
up.

This is all with
boost-jam-3.1.9-1
doxygen-1.3.4-1

Example 1

A header file containing:

template <typename DataT>
class process_base {
protected:
    process_base();
    process_base(process_base const &);
};

results in docs:
template<typename DataT>
class process_base {
public:
  // construct/copy/destruct
  process_base();
  process_base(process_base const
};

Note the change from 'protected' to 'public'.

Example 2.

This class:
struct pprocess_data {
        /// Type used for file descriptors.
        typedef int fd_t;

        /// Pipe used to write to child process' stdin.
        fd_t wpipe;
        /// Two pipes to read from child process' stdout and stderr.
        fd_t rpipe[2];
};

results in these docs:
struct pprocess_data {
  // types
  typedef int fd_t; // Type used for file descriptors.

  // public member functions

  fd_t wpipe;
  fd_t rpipe;
};

Note that the 'rpipe' is no longer an array. Also, shouldn't the 'public
member functions' comment be supressed?

bjam warning messages are:
Cannot handle sectiondef with kind=private-type
Cannot handle sectiondef with kind=private-attrib
Cannot handle sectiondef with kind=related
Cannot handle sectiondef with kind=protected-type
Cannot handle sectiondef with kind=protected-attrib

I can supply header files and jamfile if required.
Regards,
Angus