From: Eric Ford (un5o6n902_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-17 05:01:34

> The next version of my physical quantities library pqs-1-01-04 is
> available on my site at:
>
> http://www.servocomm.freeserve.co.uk/Cpp/pqs-1-01-04/download.html

Andy,
Thank you for your work on this very important area of development.

 From just quickly looking at the examples, it appears that you choose
to use different types for quantities that have the same dimensions but
different units. I don't think that is a good idea. You can search the
archives for the discussions several of us had about similar issues,
mostly a few years ago. If you still disagree, I'd like to hear why.

Perhaps, you could summarize the main similarities and difference
between your library and other similar libraries. For example, there's
Walter Brown's SIUnits, as well as a couple of drafts that have been
uploaded to the boost vault. I know I posted ebf_units a while back to
give people something to work from. And I believe there were one or two
others there as well.

Thanks,
Eric