From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-17 21:00:21

"David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> [...]
>> exe my_test
>> : <lib>@boost./libs/test/build/boost_test_exec_monitor
>> my_test.cpp
>> <include>$(BOOST_ROOT)
>> ;
>> [...]
>
> Here's my Jamrules (which I assume can be in the same directory
> as my Jamfile and tests?):

Your Jamrules must be in your project's root directory

> project boost
> : $(BOOST_ROOT)
> ;
>
> And here's my Jamfile:
>
> subproject libs/policy_ptr/test
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This says the Jamfile is 3 levels down in your project's directory
hierarchy. You gotta decide which you're trying to do.

> ;
>
> exe smart_ptr_test
> : <lib>@boost./libs/test/build/boost_unit_test_framework
> smart_ptr_test.cpp
> <include>$(BOOST_ROOT)
> ;
>
> Now, I have boost installed under /usr/local/boost, and the
> sandbox in /usr/local/boost-sandbox. I have BOOST_ROOT
> set to /usr/local/boost. When I do "bjam", I get:

If you're developing in the sandbox, just follow the model of
sandbox/libs/move/test/Jamfile. You don't want a Jamrules; the
sandbox already has one.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting