From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-22 18:24:43

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:34:47 +0100, Angus Leeming wrote
> I am in the process of writing a little library to control the interaction
> of a parent program with any child processes that it spawns. Would there
> be any interest in such a library here?

Sign me up as an interested party. Spawning and controlling processes is
extremely handy for doing integration.

I don't have time to critique your code at the moment, but you might have a
look at the ACE library implementations of these same concepts. I realize it
might be tough to look at the implementation, but it is a C++ cross-platform
solution that I've used successfully several times now.

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Doxygen/Current/html/ace/classACE__Process.html
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Doxygen/Current/html/ace/classACE__Process__Manager.html

Jeff