From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-26 21:18:56

"Chris" <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Also I didn't get any errors during the building process (that's why I
> assume the build was succesfull), so I decided to test the libraries and
> just took one of the examples form the site. Compiled it and got the:
> "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'boost/filesystem/operations.hpp': No such file or directory"
>
> #include "boost/filesystem/operations.hpp"
> #include "boost/filesystem/path.hpp"
> #include <iostream>
> namespace fs = boost::filesystem;
> int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
> {
> //removed for brevity...
> }
> I also added the path to the environmental variables in windows, under
> INCLUDE and LIB, but this didn't seem to change anything.

What do you mean, precisely, by "added the path to the environmental
variables"?

The directory above boost/filesystem/operations.hpp needs to be in
your #include path. In other words, if operations.hpp is in

     c:/boost_1_31_0/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp

Then you need to put

     c:/boost_1_31_0

in your #include search path.

Are you compiling from the command-line or are you using an IDE?

Also, we don't mind newbie questions here, but a more appropriate
list might be http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#users

Cheers,

--
Dave Abrahams