From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-28 03:05:10

Jeff Garland wrote:

> > Should we have accepted libraries checked in immediately (on a
> > branch, maybe?), and then only added to the libs page when the
> > authors deem them ready?
>
> I think that's an excellent suggestion. The only time we might not want to
> do that is if major file renaming is required -- that is a bit clunky with
> CVS. But in general, I think most of the recent submissions have been
> developed with boost guidelines up-front and so will just drop in.

There's a question, though: what if review manager says "accepted provided
this feature is added before adding to CVS". This what happened with
program_options and Unicode support, and actually, the Unicode support took
most of the post-review time.

OTOH, I'm not sure there's a procedure which makes sure that all/some review
comments are addressed, so maybe immediate checking is no worse than the
current practice.

- Volodya