From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-26 15:26:34

> It looks like there is a problem with autolinking as mentioned in the
> subject. It looks like a library naming issue:
> http://tinyurl.com/2djmv

Yep, the trouble is the build system relies on the toolset name to name the
library, where as the header that performs the autolinking has only the
compiler name to go on. So, at the moment the only way to fix that is to
add -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB to the compiler flags for any "non-standard" toolset.

The ideal way to handle this would be for bjam to figure out the actual
compiler and version and use that information to create the name mangling,
but last time I asked Rene about that he said it couldn't be done in bjam.

John.